- The Eastern Carolina Agricultural Fair will not be responsible to any person, group,
association or corporation for any loss by fire, theft, damage, or personal injury
sustained by anyone through the negligence of any person, group of persons, exhibits or
- The Florence City-County Agricultural Commission reserves the right to rule on all
questions not covered by these General Rules.
- Disregard of any rule or order issued to exhibitors or concessionaires forfeits all
premiums or rights without recourse.
- Fair will be held beginning at 4 pm August 17, 2018 and close at 1:00 am on Sunday,
- Gates will open to the public at 4:00 p.m. daily, except Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Premium lists are available from the director, County Extension Agents and Vocational
Agricultural Teachers. Premiums open to exhibitors from South Carolina only except where
otherwise stated. Those wishing to reserve exhibit space must apply to Fair Director or
- Exhibitors will receive up to 2 car passes and up to 4 daily passes to the Fair provided
so many tickets are necessary for the conduct of their business. Persons receiving tickets
under this clause must be actively engaged in the work of the exhibit. Additional passes
good for once a day for eleven days are 1/2 adult ticket prices.
- The Commission reserves the right to cancel any ticket at any time for cause.
- All exhibits must be in place Tuesday of Fair Week by 10:00 a.m. and remain until 11:00
p.m. Saturday of Fair Week, unless prior approval from management or
otherwise stated hereinafter.
- Every exhibitor must be a bona fide owner of all exhibits entered in their name.
- All entries must be made on or before Monday of Fair Week and where space is needed, it
must be reserved per Rule 6.
- The work "BEST" in this Premium List is not necessarily meant to be the
largest, but that size and quality of product that conforms most nearly to present market
standards and is best suited to the use for which it is intended.
- Protests against any award must be made in writing and filed with the director not more
than twenty-four (24) hours after award has been made. Protest must be accompanied by a
fee of $50.00, which will be retained if protest is not sustained by the Commission.
- Judges will be provided for all departments.
- Each department superintendent or supervisor shall accompany judges while making awards,
with entry book, and shall enter the award on the book opposite the entry, checking all
- Judges are requested to withhold the award where the exhibits are not meritorious. When
only one entry is made in a category, judge may award 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
- Reports of awards must be signed by each judge and handed to the superintendent or
supervisor. Reports must be made promptly to enable the director to enter same on his
books in time to render statement of awards and premium check, if any.
- While every precaution will be taken for the safekeeping of all exhibits by a sufficient
force of watchman, the Commission will in no case be responsible for any loss, injury, or
damage that may occur.
- No peddling, hawking or selling of any kind, or distribution of advertising matter, will
be allowed except by license from the director.
- No person, firm, group or organization will be permitted to make solicitations, except
from their assigned (exhibit / privilege / concession) space.
- Exhibitors may advertise and distribute matter from their place of exhibit only. Oral
and visual advertising, solicitation, and distributed materials must be in good taste,
must be neutral or positive, and may not be defamatory, derogatory, promiscuous,
pornographic, obscene, profane, or vulgar. Exhibitors may promote their own product or
activity, but may not disparage others. (Management reserves the right to have
questionable materials on exhibit approved.)
- Home and Art entries will be accepted Saturday, August 11, 2018 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
and Sunday, August 12, 2018 from 10:00am to 5:00 pm in the exhibit building. Entries
can be picked up on Sunday, August 26, 2018 between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Exhibit building hours:
Open Tuesday - Thursday 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Friday 4:00 pm to 12:00 am
Saturday 10:00 am to 1:00 am